FREE INSTRUCTIONS – Greeting cards using Meow Meow Cat Fabrics
Download PDF meow-meow-handmade-greeting-cards
Create these fun handmade greeting cards using the Meow Meow cat fabric collection that I designed for Quilting Treasures. They are very easy to make and just as quick!
The Meow Meow cat fabrics are available at independent fabric and quilt shops and can be viewed on my website.
The adorable cats with attitude from Meow Meow are also available on may assorted products in Phyllis’ Zazzle Store.
The fabrics have a lot of different design motifs so you can create several unique, one-of-a-kind cards from just 1/2 yard to 1 yard of the fabrics, by following these instructions and substituting different designs.
Materials: You need just these few items:
- Blank cards that fold to a size 5″ wide by 6 1/2″ tall with matching envelopes
- Meow Meow Patch fabric (for the bottom and top cards), Meow Meow cat blocks (for the top card), yellow Meow Meow fabric with words (for the top card –the word “meow” will be cut from this but can also be cut from the Patch fabric).
- A glue stick
- Sharp scissors
- Optional – green marker (Kool Cat card)
Instructions for “The Cat’s Meow” greeting card
- Cut a block from the Meow Meow block fabric for the card front. Cut the words ”CAT” from the patch fabric and “MEOW” from the yellow word fabric. Cut a border strip for the top of the page, a design for the back from the patch fabric and a heart. Optional – cut another design to put on the inside left page (not shown).
- Either hand print or use your printer and a favorite font to print “You are the…” on the bottom card, centered and spaced 1/2″ above the bottom edge. Arrange the fabric pieces for the inside right page and determine the placement to print an ‘S after the word cat. Print “by” and your name centered on the back page. If you are using a printer, print all the letters before gluing the fabrics on the cards.
- Glue the block on the front page, 1/3″ from the top edge. Glue a border design to the top inside page, and the words “cat” and “meow’ below this design. Glue a design to the top back page and a heart under your name.
Instructions for “Kool Cat” greeting card
- From the Meow Meow patch fabric, cut a cat block, the word “CAT”, a crown, five paw prints cut in an oval shape for the front page. For the back page, cut the block “MEOW”, another design and paw print.
- Hand print or use your printer and a favorite font to print “You are a Kool” on the bottom card (see photo for placement). Print “by” and your name centered on the back page. If you are using a printer, print all the letters before gluing the fabrics on the cards.
- Glue the cat block to the front page, aligned to the left 1″ from the top edge. Glue 5 paw prints evenly spaced down the right side. Using a spacer behind the crown and word “CAT” to make them stand from the page, glue the crown at the top and the word “CAT” turned at an angle on the boittom (see photo for placement). Using a green marker, put dots spaced across the top.
- Glue the “MEOW” block on the back page, centered 1″ below the top edge. Glue a design along the bottom edge, and the remaining paw print under your name.
I hope that you enjoy making these cards. The Meow Meow cards are designed for your personal enjoyment and cannot be used for commercial use without my written permission.